Ordering repeat prescriptions
Repeat prescriptions can be ordered quickly and easily through a number of methods to ensure that you can order your medication in a timely manner at a time that best suits your individual busy lives. Please ensure you do not run out of medication by ordering in plenty of time. More notice is required during busy holiday periods but please do not over order or build up a stock. We ask that you leave at least two working days (not including weekends) between ordering and collecting your medication.
- Telephone – A dedicated member of staff is available to take your request over the telephone and discuss any queries you may have.
- Tel: 01827 330267 ext 4 for Dordon surgery or 01827 330267 for Polesworth surgery.
- Please telephone prescription requests through after 9:00am if possible due to the drug order being received and processed.
- Hand – The repeat request (prescription counterpart) needs to be completed ticking each item required. This slip can be posted in the repeat prescription box provided within the reception waiting area at either surgery.
- Email – Prescription requests can be emailed at any time of the day or night to [email protected]
- Online – Your order can be placed via online services or via our online form here
- Post – You can post your completed repeat prescription request form to Dordon Surgery, 162 Long Street, Dordon, Tamworth, Staffs, B78 1QA along with a stamped self addressed envelope if you require the signed repeat prescription by return post.
Monthly prescription synchronisation
If your medication runs out on different days of the month causing you several visits to the surgery to collect; then please speak to a dispenser who will be more than happy to synchronise all of your medication so they will all need re-ordering on the same date.
Blister packed medication
Medication can be blister packed by dispensary if required (Dordon Surgery only). Some patients may benefit from having their medication blister packed for different times of the day meaning they take their medication appropriately. If you would like this service please speak to a dispenser who will put this service in place for you. Please note more notice between ordering and collecting blister packed medication is required; usually just one weeks notice.
Obtaining medicines urgently
If for any reason you need to obtain your repeat prescription medicine urgently please speak to the dispenser at either site who will try to accomodate your request. Please note this action is recorded on your records and frequent requests will be made aware to the GPs.